Saturday, October 24, 2009

u.g.

So I've finally watched the season premiere of Ugly Betty. I once heard someone say that Americans can't handle real ugly people so they will just take someone who is pretty, stick some glasses on them and possibly some braces, and call them ugly. I feel that is exactly what they've done with Betty. While the outfits have stayed true to the character, America Ferrera herself looks better and better with every season... and I'm pretty sure they're patting her clothes with some sort of filler because her "fat" is looking less and less real with each season. Don't get me wrong, I love America and I think she deserves a lot more credit than she gets for her acting. But isn't Ugly Betty supposed to by U-G-L-Y? All of the other versions of Ugly Betty have been. But I guess there is only so much you can do when your lead actress looks like this:
Oh, and for the record, more people should watch this show. It is one of my fav's!

 
Template by mylolly.com