Sunday, August 2, 2009

my version vs. his version



My husband thinks I "exaggerate" when I tell stories about him. I think he exaggerates when he tells stories about me. For example:

My version: I went to grab some lunch out of the fridge. I noticed that there was only enough chili left for one person. So I sweetly went to my husband and asked him if he would like me to heat it up and add some cheese and ranch to it for him (that is how he likes it). He said no. So I asked if it would be ok for me to eat it. He said it would be fine. So I heated up the chili and sat down to enjoy my lunch. Not five minutes later, he comes stomping out saying, "WHERE IS MY FOOD?!?"

His version: I was sitting at my computer, minding my own business, when my wife walks in with this wonderful bowl of chili and says, "You didn't want any of this, did you?" I knew she loved that chili and there wasn't enough for both of us, so I said, "No sweetheart, you go ahead and eat it." A few hours later (after realizing I hadn't eaten anything all day), I came out into the living room and solemnly said, "I'm a little hungry, is there anything I can grab to eat really quick?"

So I don't know. I think my version is pretty accurate, but I'm pretty sure he won't agree. I guess that if we ever want to get to the bottom of this, we are going to need to set up hidden cameras to capture every conversation we have together.

 
Template by mylolly.com